Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog was originally dedicated to my journey from a writer to a traditionally published author. Since that time, my interests have changed and I self-published my debut novel, Heavenly Matchmaking: Meant To Be, as an e-book. Now this blog will serve as an outlet for my thoughts on my writing and self-publishing journeys, as I endeavor to have a life, work my day job, promote my novels, and write my next. (Though I expect my postings on My Journey Blog will diverge some from the topics of writing and publishing.)

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sharing the Joy

Since I published my first book, I've had many ups and downs. Sales are slow which is not unexpected. It's difficult to get the word out about the book. But slow or even nonexistent sales will never sour me about writing (publishing, maybe...).

I had the opportunity to speak  about NaNoWriMo at my daughter's school on Friday, specifically the Young Writers Program. Sharing about writing and the 30 day NaNo challenge with the 4th and 5th grades was definitely one highlight of my year. Not only was it fun for me in the sense that I do love to share in general, but the kids really moved me.

They had amazing questions, thoughts, and ideas. They are originals and ready to write about anything from sports, to video games, to nature, to space, to history. This generation certainly has the potential to outshine the rest of us. Some of them are already writing collaboratively!

I'm going to keep that day locked in memory forever.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment