Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog was originally dedicated to my journey from a writer to a traditionally published author. Since that time, my interests have changed and I self-published my debut novel, Heavenly Matchmaking: Meant To Be, as an e-book. Now this blog will serve as an outlet for my thoughts on my writing and self-publishing journeys, as I endeavor to have a life, work my day job, promote my novels, and write my next. (Though I expect my postings on My Journey Blog will diverge some from the topics of writing and publishing.)

Saturday, January 20, 2018

I'm my own punchline

Today I visited my local Barnes & Noble with my husband and daughter.  I like to browse through more sections than either of them, so I was under a little bit of time pressure (they are pretty patient with me, but I prefer not to keep them waiting too long).

I picked up two books in my general browsing and then met my family in the bargain books section.  The line to check out wandered past some of those tables and I found myself leaving my selections with my husband to peruse "just a little bit more."  I came back with a third book.

On the way home, my husband was discussing his purchases, a desk calendar and a puzzle book, and commented that he hadn't actually looked to see what I had found.  I immediately told him about the books I had chosen earlier on but was stumped with the third bargain book.  I knew that the cover was yellow and the price was $7.98!

We laughed a little that I could remember the price and not the title.  (Once again, I chose to share something embarrassing for a laugh.)

After we arrived home, I jumped at the chance to see my purchases and discover the title of the yellow covered book which turned out to be "Ageless Memory" a book on how to improve your memory.

I'll be reading that one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment