Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog was originally dedicated to my journey from a writer to a traditionally published author. Since that time, my interests have changed and I self-published my debut novel, Heavenly Matchmaking: Meant To Be, as an e-book. Now this blog will serve as an outlet for my thoughts on my writing and self-publishing journeys, as I endeavor to have a life, work my day job, promote my novels, and write my next. (Though I expect my postings on My Journey Blog will diverge some from the topics of writing and publishing.)

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pay and Panic and Positivity

To begin... I've been paid! It's not much, but it's actual money. I made $11.24. This means that I'm officially a paid author.  My hope is that I'll be able to make more off of my second book, but that's in the future.

So, about the panic... I've twisted myself all up in knots. My calendar keeps taking on more and more for November, which is supposed to be the time I'll crank out the first draft of The Compendium of Curiosities and Impractical Magic, or at least 50,000 words of it. I don't know how I'm going to squeeze in enough hours to write. I'm trying not to get it in my head that I'm going to fail this year, because I do tend to fulfill negative thoughts. Instead, I'm looking for positive thoughts.

My short list of positive thoughts: I love the idea for my new book. I love the characters I'm creating for my new book. I will enjoy writing the new book.

If any of you out there are positive thinkers and have words of inspiration for me, please leave a comment. I can use all the positivity I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment