Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog was originally dedicated to my journey from a writer to a traditionally published author. Since that time, my interests have changed and I self-published my debut novel, Heavenly Matchmaking: Meant To Be, as an e-book. Now this blog will serve as an outlet for my thoughts on my writing and self-publishing journeys, as I endeavor to have a life, work my day job, promote my novels, and write my next. (Though I expect my postings on My Journey Blog will diverge some from the topics of writing and publishing.)

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Not so much a big bang...

originally posted Nov 29, 2014, 1:03 PM by Kelly Lopushansky

This is the beginning, or is it the middle?  I certainly hope it isn't the end.  I started Heavenly Matchmaking: Meant to Be in November of 2013 for NaNoWriMo.  The 50,000+ words I wrote during that madcap month have held up to my own criticism far better than the 100,000+ I wrote after.  But I kept on and finally completed my first novel in September 2014.

My intent with this website/blog is to track my journey to get HM published, and that will be the end.  Well, not the end.  The end for HM.  By the time I see HM on a bookstore shelf, I expect to have at least two more books in the series ready to follow it (See On the Stove for my works in progress).  

As the journey begins, I'm pretty keenly set on going the traditional publishing route.  While I can't guarantee where I'll end up, I'll share the searches, the decisions, my decision making process, the highs and lows, and the adventure.

I hope that anyone with insights and thoughts to share will comment.  I look forward to reading those as much as I look forward to the day I can say "I'm a published author!"

No comments:

Post a Comment